- 29 Jul 2010 - Phyllis Furumoto
- Unfortunately, no show this week.
Due to server problems there is not going a show “today”.
Next Thursday I will come back to you.
Sorry for this.
- 22 Jul 2010 - Tekla Eichhorn
- In searching for interesting research papers, I only had to look on my own desk! Tekla had just sent me her Master's thesis in Cultural Anthropology. She was interested in the "culture" of Reiki and if it made a difference to the society of the people involved. On one hand, she found there was a difference but the difference was not as great as we, in the Reiki community, would like or envision. There were many contradictions of language and behavior that perhaps could be attributed to the hu... More
- 15 Jul 2010 - Angela Zellner with Isabella Petri
- Angela and Isabella are scientists with a desire to explore the questions that many Reiki students and masters have. Is there a difference between the initiations for First Degree, Second Degree, and Master? Can a scientific measurement tell if a person has been initiated in a certain form or practice of Reiki? Is there a difference between the energy of Reiki and other healing energies?
What is the nature of Reiki as an energy? Through a series of circumstances, Angela and Isabella have b... More
- 8 Jul 2010 - Ann Baldwin
- In this second interview, we are privileged to hear Ann's description of her two published experiments, her motivations, and the understandings that came out of the experiments. The experiments were not focused on whether Reiki worked, per se, but on the effect of Reiki, using Reiki as a tool or a part of the experiments. Through the internet, these articles are available on the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine web site, www.liebertonline.com. Volume 12, Number 1, 2006 and Vo... More
- 1 Jul 2010 - Ann Baldwin
- This series of shows is beginning with two interviews with Ann Baldwin, PhD, physiologist, and Reiki Master. She is now engaged in research studies with the University of Arizona in Tucson. Through her work, she met a Reiki student and eventually become one herself. As it is with Reiki, she progressed along a path of mastery. In a natural flow, both of her passions have come together in the completion of two published experiments using Reiki. Having a bit of resistance to speaking the words r... More
- 24 Jun 2010 - Phyllis Furumoto
- This week Phyllis is picking up the thread of her conversation with you, the listeners. She will be answering questions that have been sent in during the last few weeks. Having completed the shows on cancer protocol and Reiki, this is a bridge to the next theme of the shows. This is the most recent photo of Phyllis after her radiation treatments. She is recovering well.
- 17 Jun 2010 - Margaret Krum
- A Reiki Master and lover of life, Margaret moved to Hawaii to do spiritual service. She found her spirit resonated with the Island breezes and stayed! Three years ago she found she had breast cancer. Having studied her options, she had surgery and then decided to stay with Alternative approaches for the followup protocol. Her courage to do what her heart spoke is inspiring and is her truth.
Each person who faces the social and medical models has to answer to their own calling. It is not ... More
- 10 Jun 2010 - Aneesha Kranti and Sofia
- At the beginning of October, Aneesha and I started our conversations about treating students who had cancer. This journey of our sharing and of Reiki is shared through her experience with Sofia, a student of hers. Sofia and Aneesha found a way to work with Reiki in this situation. We share it to stimulate the understanding that everyone has their own path. The most important point is to be sure that this is your path and not someone else's. Reiki assists us in finding our true path is in ever... More
- 3 Jun 2010 - Marsha Drozdoff
- In finishing the nine elements at the end of May, I was open for inspiration for the show. As I thought of inspiration, I thought of Marsha Drozdoff. I met Marsha in my early months of treatment at the University Medical Center of the University of Arizona here in Tucson. She has a position in the Radiation department of the hospital and is a Reiki Master. Her long time work in both fields sustained my belief that I could use both worlds to foster health and healing within me. Her stories wil... More
- 27 May 2010 - Viviana Bilezker
- Coming to Reiki in 1988, Viviana gives us a good look at the way the form of teaching has remained essentially the same from that time, when there was basically one form of teaching, to today. In the 1990's masters began to radically change the form of teaching until the practice became known under another name. With Viviana's story of the changes in the Argentine masters community following the devaluation of their peso to the USD, it is clear to see that outside and inner pressures can even... More
- 20 May 2010 - Sue Leibold
- The Form of Teaching element has two common areas of question: the length and timing of the First Degree Class and the amount of money that masters ask of students for each step of the system. In this candid conversation, Sue presents a thoughtful approach to both. She looks into the future as she imagines teaching a special group of people that she works with today. Her considerations and her trust in the circle of exchange gives us some places to go ....without answers but opening questions... More
- 13 May 2010 - Upasana Grugan
- Upasana was introduced into Reiki by one of the first German masters to be initiated. Saman Drescher traveled to Chile from Germany to share his Reiki. Already culture had influenced the way Reiki was taught. And as the Latin American students began to practice, another culture touched the practice. Or perhaps Reiki touched the culture. Both became an intregal part of Upasana's life. Her teaching style reflects the culture and her own love of Reiki. More
- 6 May 2010 - Rick Bockner
- Rick is one of the masters Hawayo Takata initiated. He shares with us his recollections of her classes, her way of teaching, and her presence. Form of Teaching brings together the elements into a class that is offered to students. There are principles of teaching that allow students to begin in the same place. However, each master also gives to the class his or her own personality and flavor. Rick speaks about his journey into finding his style while remaining true to the teachings of the mas... More
- 29 Apr 2010 - Phyllis Furumoto
- Imagine sitting with Phyllis in a cluster of rocks such as this, trading stories and asking questions. This show will be dedicated to those who have written from the radio show site or joined the face book conversations. Many of the inquires are evocative and are of interest to more than just the person who is the questioner. Phyllis is drawn to respond to these sincere openings for conversation and exploration. More
- 22 Apr 2010 - Yoli Deines
- A life long student of the infinite realms of human consciousness and possibility, Yoli shares her understanding and experiences of a Reiki practice. The symbols are a part of this practice that, according to Yoli, brings us to the truth. The conversation between Phyllis and Yoli awakens memories and common experiences for both. Finding a way to articulate the difficult place between an "unbelievable" experience and the connection to everyday life, the two of them provide provocative connecti... More
- 15 Apr 2010 - Ellen Montague and Heidi Gates
- Ellen and Heidi have teamed up in offering a Reiki Intensive open to all levels of initiation. They use the inherent quality of the practice that takes a student into his/her deep inner wisdom. Through this practice and their experience with the following connection of the groups, they have observed that the different levels of initiation have similar gifts. The difference between a First Degree student and a Second Degree and a Master seems to be an internal one rather than external. This un... More
- 8 Apr 2010 - Jojan Jonker
- The symbols have taken us, as students, to the crossroads of the Absolute and Relative Universes. This place where the two universes seem to meet is one of mystery and full of questions. Jojan and I have similar experiences and a longing to go "there." Wherever "there" is. The symbols, as a part of this practice, give us the possibility to be of the relative world and experience, perhaps, qualities that are attributed to the absolute. A discussion that leads to the edge of the sacred pla... More
- 1 Apr 2010 - Phyllis Furumoto
- The new topic for the month is "symbols." These are the symbols that are used in Second Degree. What is the meaning of the symbols? Where did they come from? What are the uses we can find for them? What is the teaching that they hold? Phyllis will be speaking to these questions and more. More
- 25 Mar 2010 - Phyllis Furumoto
- History. We think of history as a collection of information and facts. In essence, history is one perspective of movement that is captured by the writer or storyteller. What carries the energy of the story? What is the purpose of telling the story? Is there a motivation behind the history? What does history give the reader/ listener? These are all questions that are alive and well in our community and in our society. Perhaps the question with the most irony is this one: How much can we ... More
- 18 Mar 2010 - Donna Stetser, Joyce Winough and Collene Delaney
- Two years ago I was preparing to go to Japan with several other Reiki Masters and students to see if traveling in and around Kyoto would be beneficial for their depth of understanding Reiki and the practice.
The result was "Yes!" and I remembered this as I was preparing this series of interviews. Three of the group were here this week and we had an opportunity to reconnect to the energy of the journey, to have insights of what we experienced, and to share special moments of the time in J... More