- 16 May 2013 - Dieter
- I apologize for the disappointment that there is not a show this week. We are having technical difficulties and will be on line again as soon as possible.
The Archived Shows contain many gems and we recommend listening to one this week. Phyllis Furumoto More
- 2 May 2013 - Phyllis Furumoto
- "Let Reiki be the teacher. Reiki gives us health, happiness, and long life." These are the words from Hawayo Takata.
In August 2009, Phyllis found that she had a tumor in her breast that was cancer. This started a long process of treatment both on a physical level and also on the emotional level. There were many issues around caring for herself and having the courage to make difficult decisions that supported this care. In March 2013, Phyllis found that the cancer has reappeared in her... More
- 25 Apr 2013 - Lisa Saylan
- A woman who knows who she is, Lisa has known of her gifts since she was a child. Having supportive parents, she was able to explore herself and come to Reiki with an open heart. Her path has lead her to Phoenix, to her present master, and to the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts (SWIHA). There she has found a community that meets her values and embraces her work with Reiki and her Reiki gift of being in contact with ascended masters. A dedicated student of Reiki and life, Lisa tells her ... More
- 18 Apr 2013 - Peter Robinson
- Peter and Barbara Robinson were introduced to Reiki in Spain through a story filled with coincidences. These coincidences became the beginning of a journey for Barbara and Peter that lead them to the United States, back to Spain and then to their home country, England. Barbara's transition three years ago has set her free from constant pain. Peter tells their story with all the love and appreciation of their soul connection. His present active participation in the The Reiki Association of... More
- 11 Apr 2013 - Kathy Melcher
- Kathy came into contact with Reiki through her husband, Frank Coppieters. Her Reiki story is inspirational for those who have had experience of addictive behaviors. The courage and determination to turn her life around was supported by her Reiki practice and by the community in which she lived. A dedicated psychiatric social worker, Kathy uses the richness of her life to support others in their journey of connection to the human spirit, which she so beautifully radiates. More
- 4 Apr 2013 - Frank Coppieters
- Frank's story is a lovely voice from the past when it seemed that we knew everyone and we were community. Now the Reiki community is more expressed as a virtual one. Frank's legacy to his students is his value of community and his love for the members of this community. His integration of Reiki practice into his life, his growing into his shamanistic practice, and his personal partnership come through him as his expression of mastery. Teaching in both the Portland Oregon area and in Belgiu... More
- 28 Mar 2013 - Robert Fueston
- Robert's story starts out with all the elements of "coincidence that are really daily miracles." A series of these coupled with his desire to find out how Hawayo Takata taught Reiki set Robert on a path of mastery. His willingness to seek the "answer" gave him the opportunity to meet the elders of the Reiki community and to learn the essential lessons of Reiki. His story is the story of the relationship between essence and form……and the rewards of consistency and diligence.
- 21 Mar 2013 - Justin Stein
- Justin began his spiritual education as a child, as his mother is a long-time practitioner of transcendental meditation, yoga, and alternative medicine. He continued his exploration through his teens, spending a college semester in Japan studying different forms of meditation, which led him to the academic study of Japanese religion. He is now writing a paper on the history of Reiki, dissolving the compartmental thinking and creating a new way of addressing the history. His research span... More
- 14 Mar 2013 - Christa Faye Burka
- Long ago, in the early 1980s Christa was lead to the big island of Hawaii, the place where Bethal Phaigh spent the winters leading Gestalt groups and in her last years, treating and teaching Reiki. Her meeting with Bethal and her initiation into Reiki 1 was a life changing experience for many reasons and on many levels. After another life changing experience of receiving an unexpected energetic gift, Christa awakened to her new vocation and path of service to support the awakening of human ... More
- 7 Mar 2013 - Jojan Jonker
- Jojan is a continued presence on the show. As listeners you can follow his path through researching the mystic experiences of fellow masters and now a paper on "three eras of Reiki practice;" the founding era beginning with Mikao Usui, the era of Reiki coming to Hawaii and then the mainland of the USA, and the present era of globalization. Where do these research papers take us as students? What is their value? Need we change our practice because of these? The outcome of the study may g... More
- 28 Feb 2013 - Martin Ouwerkerk
- Research is happening everywhere these days. Martin has been involved with research through a multi-national company. In the last years he has taken steps to study physical and emotional responses in people through technical measuring devices that have been available only in the last few years. One of the interesting things he discovered in measuring the amount of light photons that emanate from Reiki hands…..the amount of light decreases as the practice moves towards "perfection." This h... More
- 21 Feb 2013 - Ricardo Monezi
- Ricardo Monezi is a passionate Reiki practitioner and master as well as a research scientist. His story with Reiki started when he was 16 and this connection is reflected in his life. The research he has begin over the years of his study, has shown the effects of Reiki in relieving stress. Stress is recognized as one of the signs of physical disharmony of the body….and often of disharmony of other aspects of being human. Dedicated to clearing a path for more people to have the gift of hea... More
- 14 Feb 2013 - Brigitte Mueller
- Brigitte's story is a wonderful example of how deeply Reiki can touch the essence of being and change a life. A series of events and people put her in Mary McFayden's car in 1983 where she first heard the word Reiki. From then on, Brigitte's journey is one of courage, dedication, and acting from her knowing of what Reiki is for her. The cultural healing of Germany is also personified by Brigitte's story and the touch of Reiki has brought peace to many, including her.
War is a human sol... More
- 7 Feb 2013 - Vanesa Maiorana
- Vanesa came to Reiki as she was searching for something different in her life. Her Reiki story, as with many of us, tells of a change of life at a difficult moment. At the same time, there was an echo in the monetary health of Argentina and she weathered both storms through her dedication and practice
of Reiki. A story of trust and listening, Vanesa has extended her experience and commitment to her students. Interpretation by Upasana Grugan. More
- 31 Jan 2013 - Claudia Enrico
- Food …. Glorious Food! The energy of our bodies receives nourishment from food. If our food is filled with energy, if our food matches what our bodies are able to digest, then we will build our foundation of health. Through her finding out that her body was not able to digest wheat which contains gluten, Claudia found a path to Health, Happiness, and Long Life… which is the phrase that Hawayo Takata used when talking about Reiki to students. The moment of vulnerability that our bodies bri... More
- 24 Jan 2013 - Lillene Mariella Pedersen
- Lillene's story of how she came to Reiki reminds us all that the first step was our birth and the qualities of our person that we bring with us.
This quality of Lillene carries throughout her years with her Reiki practice. Her stories of how Reiki has touched lives also reminds us that
there is destiny, mystery, and universal connection the is operating through us as human beings. These are qualities to be celebrated and
taken into another step, which for Lillene is Reiki Home.
- 17 Jan 2013 - Lynn Armor
- Lynn came to Reiki in a practical way. Her story of her son's early days is a potent example of the way Reiki brings living beings into balance and then goes to the cause!
Her story starts in 1986. In 2002, she discovered herself in Japan for two years and took the opportunity to study with Tadeo Yamaguchi and his practice, Jikiden Reiki. This has brought her many gifts. Lynn's joy of life, understanding of the many levels of existence, and practical nature come together. And the clos... More
- 10 Jan 2013 - Ciro Perrino
- A miracle has happened! Through Facebook I met Ciro Perrino and was instantly intrigued by his being a composer and being a Reiki Master. Ciro's insights and
connection to Music and Reiki touched me deeply. … Like a new instrument I had not heard playing Reiki! There are few words right now to describe the interview.
Perhaps this is an experience of what he has within…a miracle of bringing into hearing something that exists but is not heard until he becomes the channel.
At the end of the i... More
- 4 Jan 2013 - Phyllis Furumoto
- Happy New Year! The theme of this show is gratitude. "Show Gratitude to Every Living Thing." At the beginning of this year, I am more aware of gratitude and the long list of things I am grateful for. I share this list with you…..hoping to inspire your own lists! After I am finished talking….I am going to share with you some music that reminds me of the vastness of gratitude. Ke Kali Nei Au by Makaha and Sons with Jerry Santos and Peter Moon; Wiyathul by Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu; Danc... More
- 27 Dec 2012 - Phyllis Furumoto
- Phyllis shares her thoughts about the "end of the world" and the gifts that Reiki brings to us in the practice and in the experience of practicing. The second half of the program is the New Year's Meditation. The music is from Deuter's Koyasan CD. The studies of DNA brings to us clearly that we are one, not only in essence but in the very being of our human bodies. The tension between form and essence is a creative force that can bring us to a new consciousness.